Monday, September 1, 2008

The start of a busy year

I apologize for not writing a post for a while. It has been hectic on the homefront lately. With school, work, and Ethan, our lives are very busy.

Chenille has started working at Summer Creek Middle School. She is in a tough position because the school is brand new and requires a new system of organization. Beginning from scratch tends to become more work than expected. However, she loves her kids and is predicting a very good and calm school year after these first few weeks get under the belt. Chenille is excited to coach eigth grade this year as she coached seventh last year. Therefore, she will be able to coach most of the same girls again this year, making for a pretty good season.

As for me, I started classes and hope to utilize what I learn for the ministry field. I am not too excited for my classes this semester, but I hope that will change when these few weeks calm down. It seems that every day presents a new set of wanders in my mind that cause me to lose track of my work at Seminary.

Ethan is doing well and seems to like daycare very well. The workers always seem to tell us that he is a "great baby." They can't believe how calm and relaxed he is. This is good for us considering that studying and chores can get accomplished easier with his cooperating behavior. Now, do I expect this when he gets older? No. I believe in the saying, "calm before the storm." I have a feeling the Lord is waiting for me to get out of school until he unleashes the beast that awaits the body of little Ethan Gaumer.

Well, that was a breif synopsis of our lives. So if you want to pray for those things, we would appreciate it. In the mean time I have been able to construct a tract for the neighborhood we live in. I will let you see it just as soo I as I have completed it.

Greg

No comments: