Saturday, September 6, 2008

They will Hate you...

The Voice of the Martyrs wrote, "Recently, a Saudi member of the religious police cut his daughter’s tongue off and burned her to death for converting to Christianity."

As I read this sad story, along with most that are posted on this site. I began to think about my country. Not only my country, but believers in my country. Even deeper than that, believers in my country who have remorse for this girl, yet are guilty of similar crime.

Jesus says to His disciples concerning the cost of spreading His name, "Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death, and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:21-22 21
In retrospect, the girl killed in Saudi Arabia has become a fulfillment of such evil. Jesus' name is so irritable to the human mind, that it causes an anger to burn into the heart. An anger so deep that it would cause someone to kill their own children. I know what your thinking, "How could that man do that to his daughter, I would never kill my children because of Jesus."

What if I could pick at your heart and maybe prove you wrong? and not just you who are anti-Christian, but those of you who are Christian.

Consider Jesus' words in the Sermon on the Mount, "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.' But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire."Matthew 5:21-22 21

Jesus gives convicting words. Words that effect the heart of a man, not his actions. According to Jesus' words, the man who commited murder in Saudi Arabia is no more guilty than the one who is angry with his brother.

I write these words to remind people that while the act of murder seems significant, you hindering your son or daughter form advancing in the gospel can be just as much murder. For, what parent would not let their child advance for the cause of Christ unless there is some anger towards them?

I do not want to be a discouragement, but want to warn you of the log in your face before you try to take the spec out of your neighbors eye.


Why do people hate Jesus so much? Oh yeah, I remember...He demands that people DIE TO THEMSELVES and follow after Him. Yes, He is also the sustainer of all living things. That's right, The King. Just before you begin to judge your children's attempt to please the King, be sure your heart is motivated towards teh Kingdom of God.

No comments: