Monday, October 6, 2008

Correcting my Tone

Based off of a couple comments to my last blog, I realized that I appear to come off harsh.

Please hear me correctly, I am not angry or upset at people who are gay. I am no more angry at homosexuals than I am at murderers, adulterers, child molesters, etc.

Believe me, there is no other way to overcome evil except to love. I adhere to Paul's words when he says, "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.' 20 To the contrary, 'if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.' 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:18-21 18

If you are having difficulty understanding my tone concerning Soul Force its because...you are. Saying words like "annoy" and "overtly proud homosexuals" can draw the tone to a negative light. While I was being negative to a degree, I was saying it with semi-sarcasm. In other words, it would have been better if you heard me in conversation.

I want to apologize for the appearance of a harsh unloving tone. Your perception is correct, so please accept the apology. For the sake of Christ, I don't apologize for the truth of the gospel. I say that only for those who read this blog and don't know who I am.

My goal is to overcome Soul Force with love in the gospel. To be honest, I have not even planned on addressing their homosexuality as a first assault, I assume they will bring that up on their own. My goal is to address their hearts, which are in rebellion to Christ. James says, " 10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it."James 2:10 I must have them recognize their state of sin before I can dialogue the need for a Savior. Their concept of a Savior will be void unless I can convince them that they are legitimate sinners, just like all men of all time.

F.Y.I.-Yes, I will give them a hug. But if they grab or pinch my butt, its on like Donkey Kong.

When that date arrives, I will be locked (literally with a chastity belt) and loaded for a great day of witnessing the great love of Christ by loving my God and loving my neighbor.

Greg

1 comment:

Nanna Mel said...

Romans 12:18-21 18....

AMEN!

Yo mama...( :