Monday, July 28, 2008

Loving my wife

Have you ever thought to yourself, "how does the resurrection effect my marriage?" Even deeper, "how does it effect me as a husband to my wife?"
These are deep thoughts that I had last Easter 2008. We were flying home from Portland, Or. when all of a sudden I had a deepining thought overcome my entire mind. This thought was of course the resurrection and how it effects every area of our lives, even so much as to pinpoint how we are to love our spouses. While sitting on the airplane next to my wife Chenille, I began to brainstorm some thoughts. Before I reveal them, I have to say first, that Chenille had no idea I was writing these thoughts while sitting right next to her. Unfortunately, it isn't until now that she will see these thoughts. I am glad that I can share that with whoever will take the time to read it. My thought is brief, but it hits to the heart of the matter quickly.
"I was thinking earlier today how much I love my wife. I began to think of how my role as a husband will effect her eternal worship. As I absorb the resurrection on this Easter day, I can't help but think of my love for my wife and how the resurrection effects me as a husband which effects her as a wife, mother, and follower of Christ.
How much deeper should my love for her be considering I am to be responsible in the home for her knowledge of Jesus?
Because of the resurrection, I must love Chenille as though the glory of God depends upon it. Jesus rising from the dead is my only base for being the husband and father I must be. The glory of Christ demands it!"
Christ, be glorified in my words, and Chenille be encouraged that your Savior has caused me to love you more than I could ever know.
Greg

No comments: